Monday, October 03, 2005

In Celebration of National Cookie Month...

Brownies - so many kinds, but if you could imagine them in a round shape, shorter, and great on the go then this could be for you. Fudgies, as the people from King Arthur call them, have that classic shiny and cracked topped finish you find on fudgy brownies. Dark, rich, and most of all chewy these cookies moved to the top of my list. They have a very slight and subtle espresso background that you could easily increase to make mocha brownie cookies. You can barely taste the coffee flavor though, as it is just there to enhance the deep chocolate flavor. You could bake them longer to get crispy cookies, but my vote is to make them as is to keep them ever so fudgy and chewy.

Fudgies
*Click on the photo to enlarge

From chocolate to pizza - what a good food night! This Potato and Roasted Pepper with Goat Cheese pizza was a surprise hit. If you would of told me a couple years ago that I would make, eat, let alone enjoy red peppers and goat cheese I would of thought you were crazy! The combination of smokey peppers, creamy soft goat cheese, thin sliced red potatoes on top of a crispy thin and nutty whole wheat crust made my night complete. No leftovers unfortunely because we just couldn't stop eating this one.

Potato and Pepper Pizza with Goat Cheese
*Click on the photo to enlarge

Recipes
Fudgies
Potato and Pepper Pizza with Goat Cheese

15 comments:

  1. I didn't realize it was brownie month and those fudgie cookies look awesome. So does the pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Potatoes on pizza?!? I've heard of this odd combination before... you almost have me convinced to try it. Perhaps next MondayNightPizzaNight.

    'till then, I've just had a new neighbor move next door, and I'll bet he would love some Fudgies as a welcome to the 'hood gift. Nice photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh...both look great! The cookies, especially, are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have it on good athority (ok, directly from the mouth of the producer) that The Food Network is crazed looking for people to demo cookie recipes for an upcoming special...go to their site and look for the link, it should be there someplace...these just look too divine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both the cookies and pizza look so good. Though I would probably put about 3x the goat cheese. Once a dollop of goat cheese is presesnt in my food, the entire log must be added (its a sick addiction I know).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both look delicious, particularly the potato pizza. I shall try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those fudgies look like just what the doctor ordered :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmm those fudgies look soooo good. im drooling so hard right now its not funny

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep coming back and seeing these fudgies AHHH I think they will be the end of me Joe.

    hmmm Potato Pizza... I know a secret with that baby, I might have to come clean with one settled at my new place heheheh

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would you mind posting your dough recipe for whole wheat pizza dough? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh hey...me again...I found that link...ignore the fact the due date has passed...

    http://www.highnoonentertainment.com/beOnTv.cfm

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, those both look great! I've never tried potatoes on pizza--maybe I will soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, those chocolate cookies look really good, nice and fudgy! I love chocolate and fudgy brownies so I may try your fudgies some time!
    The potatoes on the pizza don't really call my attention, however the pizza crust sure did! I need to try making whole wheat pizza dough soon, as I like everything whole wheat, and pizza... well, who does not like pizza?!!!
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks!

    I didn't realize before how much I need Fudgies in my life- right now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Everyone! Thanks for the comments! I did post the recipe that we frequently use for WW Pizza dough in the recipe section. I've never had potatoes on pizza until this one either - I really liked it! Thanks again for checking us out!

    ReplyDelete